During a press conference Thursday to announce his upcoming trip to the southern border this weekend, President Biden referred to Vice President Kamala Harris as “President Harris.” The gaffe, which has happened multiple times before, was widely criticized on Twitter.
Biden confirmed his Sunday trip to El Paso, Texas, during Thursday’s announcement and outlined his administration’s new immigration policies. During the speech, Biden referred to the vice president as “President Harris” while speaking to the work she has done on the border in recent years.
“President Harris led this effort, led this effort to make this better in the countries from which they are leaving,” Biden remarked. “Thanks to her leadership, she’s been able to generate more than $3.2 billion from the private sector to create jobs and opportunities in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.”
BIDEN COMMITS MULTIPLE GAFFES IN COMMENCEMENT SPEECH, CALLS VP ‘PRESIDENT HARRIS’
Twitter was swift to point out the mistake, and criticized Biden for the repeated gaffe.
“Biden STRUGGLED today in his press conference,” tweeted Congressman-elect Ronny Jackson. “He called Kamala, ‘President Harris.” It was a DISASTER.”
“It’s time for Joe to retire,” tweeted ACT for America chairman and author Bridgette Gabriel.
Former New Yorker financial page writer James Surowiecki said the gaffe was reminiscent of former President Donald Trump referring to Rep. Kevin McCarthy as “Steve.”
TRUMP VOWS TO DEPLOT US SPECIAL FORCED, MILITARY ASSETS TO ‘INFLICT MAXIMUM DAMAGE’ ON CARTELS
“After referring to ‘President Harris’, he said the seizure of ‘more than 20,000 pounds of deadly fentanyl…[is] enough to kill as many as a 1,000 people,'” Turley tweeted.
“…Just 15,000 pounds is enough to kill every American,” he followed up, along with a link to a press release from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration outlining the sharp rise in “fentanyl-related mass-overdose events.”
- Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger held without bond in student slayings amid chilling new details
- Biden administration quietly admits to the decision to cancel Keystone XL Pipeline cost thousands of jobs, billions dollars
- Suspect nabbed for masturbating five times in front of young women on subway in Brooklyn and Queens
- Hillary Clinton to be Columbia University professor at Columbia University
- Pete Buttigieg brought husband Chasten a military aircraft to go to an event of sport in the Netherlands
- Matt Gaetz responds after Trump insists on to back McCarthy”Sad!
- 10 Best Anime To Watch After A Bad Breakup
- 9 Movies You Only Need to Watch Once
- Uche Nwaneri, a former Jaguars offensive lineman has died at the age 38.
- The latest Omicron subvariant XBB.1.5 You must be aware of now
- Missouri could be the first state to execute transgender woman
- Bills meet for team prayer on the field in the aftermath of Damar Hamlin’s injury
- Damar Hamlin had a an episode of cardiac arrest while playing, Heartbeat returned on field – Bills claim.