A person who purchased the Powerball ticket has won an unprecedented $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot on Tuesday The owner of the Southern California business that sold the winning ticket is raking in the full amount.
The ticket for the jackpot was sold by Joe’s Service Center in Altadena which is an unincorporated community located in the foothills to the northeast in Los Angeles. In exchange for selling the winning ticket the business’s owner Joe Chahayed will receive a Powerball bonus of $1 million.
“I’m very surprised. Very excited. Very happy,” said Chahayed who was wearing bright yellow California Lottery shirt and cap.
Chahayed said he doesn’t know who the winner was but is hoping it’s local.
“I wish I knew the person but most people who buy tickets from me are from the neighborhood. I hope one of them will be the winner,” the man said.
Chahayed stated that he will spend the $1 million he earned to his kids, and give some of it to the community.
“My son is expecting a baby in two months, so we are excited!” said Chahayed in a statement to CBS Los Angeles. “We can have a nice celebration for another baby. I have 10 grandchildren.”
In the moment, Chahayed is relishing the moment he has experienced since emigrating into Los Angeles from Syria in the 1980s, as reported by the station. He was accompanied by her, his two children and around $14,000 in his name.
“I never collect welfare, I never collect Medicare, I never collect any money from the government. All what I do, I work hard, seven days a week. I raised my kids, graduated from the college and bought a house and I bought a business all because I work hard and become an honest man,” Chahayed stated.
The prize was the biggest jackpot lottery ever won, surpassing that previous record $1.586 billion prize that was won by three Powerball ticket holders in 2016.
- The National Park Service wants humans to stop licking this toad
- Bonds sends a heartfelt message of thanks to World Series champ Dusty
- 8 Powerball tickets from North Carolina win at least $50,000
- Apple Preparing iOS 16.1.1 as Widespread Wi-Fi Bug Persists
- “Blood moon” in the near future: See the last lunar eclipse total through 2025
- Canada removes Chinese companies from mining lithium
- A Dwarf porn star is jailed for a year in Las Vegas, accused of stabbing her boyfriend
- Facebook Parent Meta Is Preparing to Notify Employees of Large-Scale Layoffs This Week
- Let’s Go’ Brandon’ actually signifies and how it came to its way into Congress
- Star Wars: Why Sith Lords Have Yellow Eyes (But Dooku Doesn’t)
- Emily Ratajkowski Bought Her Son A Baby Doll And Tea Set. Find Out Why?